ARMY TM 5-5420-212-10-1
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-10/1-1
(14) Add bays 9, 10 and 11. Include sway braces in each bay. Adjust roller beams as necessary to maintain
(15) Place one deck unit in third recess of bay 11.
(16) Connect push bar. Unlock rollers. Using vehicle boom bridge to panel point 6p1 (over RRB). Lock
rollers, and disconnect push bar.
(17) Add bay 12. Add sway brace in bay 12.
(18) Complete end of bridge (para. 4-9b.).
The launch of all bridges will be done with a vehicle. Once this vehicle Is connected to the bridge,
It will not be disconnected until the far bank end of bridge has been lowered to the ground.
(19) Connect short push bar to center bracket of bankseat beam with nose pin (para. 4-18c.).
(20) Move vehicle into position near rear of bridge. Ensure that vehicle is in a straight line with the bridge and
centered over the centerline.
(21) Connect push bar to adapter with bracing pin and secure pin with retainer clip.
(22) Unlock rollers and launch bridge to panel point 5p6 over front roller beam. This puts the center of gravity
over the front roller beam.
(23) Do not lock rollers. The vehicle is used to hold the bridge in place.
(24) Set up landing roller pedestal (para. 4-15a.) Mk1 on far bank and check that LZ5 or higher is over center
of LRP rollers (para. 4-4).
A landing zone number higher than the given LZ Is always permitted. Never use an LZ number
lower than that given for the bridge being constructed.
(25) Continue launch until panel point Dp2 is over front roller beam.
Nose sections (light and heavy) can be removed during launch after they have passed the center of
the landing roller. It Is important to remember that at least 5 ft (1.5 m) of nose section must extend
beyond the landing roller pedestal at all times.
(26) Remove nose sections that have passed the landing roller pedestal. Leave the last three nose sections
in place. These sections will be removed after the far bank end of bridge has been lowered to the
(27) Disassemble rear roller beam. Do not allow personnel to work under bridge.
(28) Continue launch until the far bank bankseat beam is within 9 in (23 cm) of landing roller pedestal base.
The near bank end of bridge should be 1.5 ft (0.5 m) or greater from center of the front roller beam