ARMY TM 5-5420-212-10-1
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-10/1-1
(24) Hold rear of bridge down on front roller beam and rear roller beam.
(25) Lower jack in landing roller pedestal. Remove landing roller pedestal from under launching nose and
(26) Recover landing roller pedestal (para. 4-15c.).
(27) Unlock rollers and boom to 6pl over rear roller beam. Lock rollers, and disconnect push bar (para. 4-
(28) Level both roller beams using carpenters level.
(29) Remove sway braces from end of bridge.
(30) Disassemble end of bridge (reverse of para. 4-9b)
(31) Remove bay 12.
The following cautions should be observed each time the bridge is delaunched. Do not allow
vehicle to drift right or left of centerline. Keep vehicle straight and in line with bridge movement of
bridge to right or left can cause damage to roller beams.
Throughout disassembly the bridge is delaunched using a vehicle, push bar and push bar cross
girder (para. 4-18) which must be disconnected before further bays are removed. To simplify the
following procedures these drills are described "connect push bar" and "disconnect push bar."
(32) Connect push bar and boom to panel point 4p4 (over RRB). Lock rollers. Disconnect push bar.
(33) Remove deck unit in bay 11 and remove bays 11, 10 and 9.
(34) Connect push bar. Unlock rollers and boom to 3p0 over rear roller beam. Lock rollers, and disconnect
(35) Remove deck unit in bay 7 and remove bays 8, 7 and 6.
(36) Connect push bar. Unlock rollers and boom to 1 p2 over rear roller beam. Lock rollers, and disconnect
(37) Remove bays 5 and 4.
(38) To remove sixth nose section (6N1):
Remove retainer clip from panel pin in nose roller and anchorage tube.
With center crew prepared to move launching nose to rear of site, remove panel pin from nose
Lift gravity catch and move launching nose to rear until next anchorage tube is next to nose roller.
If nose is uphill, move nose forward until center vertical is in front of nose roller. Put panel pin
through nose roller and behind center vertical.
If nose is downhill, move nose to rear until center vertical is behind nose roller. Put panel pin
through nose roller and in front of center vertical.
Remove nose section (6N1).