ARMY TM 5-5420-212-10-1
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-10/1-1
The center of gravity of bridge is over the capsill roller beam. It is at this point that any minor
adjustments in the front and rear roller beam placement must be made. Ensure that bridge will
come to rest on rear roller beam correctly. The bridge should rest between flanges of rollers, not
on top of them. The roller beams must be at 90° to the bridge centerline.
(20) Hold rear of bridge down on roller beams.
(21) Lower jack in landing roller pedestal. Remove landing roller pedestal from under launching nose and
(22) Recover landing roller pedestal (para. 4-15c.).
(23) Boom to 11pO over rear roller beam. Lock rollers, and disconnect push bar (para. 4-18e.).
(24) Position a flat bed vehicle close to the end of bridge and use personnel standing on this to transfer the
twenty deck and six curb counterweight from the bridge to the personnel at ground level.
(25) Level both roller beams using carpenters level.
(26) Remove sway braces from end of bridge.
(27) Disassemble end of bridge (reverse of para. 4-9b).
(28) Remove bays 22 through 14.