ARMY TM 5-5420-212-10-1
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-10/1-1
(11) Add bays 8, 9 and 10, including sway braces.
(12) Connect push bar. Unlock rollers. Boom bridge to 4p5 (over RRB). Lock rollers, and disconnect push
(13) Add bays 11, 12 and 13, including sway braces. Place one deck unit in third recess of bay 11.
(14) Connect push bar. Unlock rollers. Boom bridge as described below to 10p0 (over RRB). During this
boom the front bankseat beam will approach capsill roller beam. This will occur as 5p4 passes over rear
Boom bridge until bankseat beam is within 1 ft (0.3 m) of capsill roller beam. Stop boom but do not
lock rollers. Vehicle is holding bridge.
Adjust height of capsill roller beam to slightly below leading edge of end taper panel. Do not
remove support pins.
Unlock rollers in capsill roller beam.
Continue to boom slowly, watching end of bridge as it passes over capsill roller beam.
Ensure capsill roller beam is level under bridge and square with end of bridge. Align capsill roller
beam under exact same point on both sides of bridge.
NCOIC will have to watch bridge during boom to make adjustments to roller beam heights to
ensure that at end of boom, capsill roller beam is as high as possible (to ease addition of link
components) and rear roller beam is at height that will permit easy construction at rear of bridge.
Raise capsill roller beam to maximum height until there is full bridge contact
Lower front roller beam to clear bottom of bridge. Do not remove jacks.
Stop boom at 10p0 (over RRB). Do not disconnect vehicle. Do not lock rollers, vehicle is holding
Raise or lower rear roller beam as needed to bring rear of bridge to a height that will make
assembly of next bays as easy as possible and level capsill and rear roller beams.
(15) Fit anchor assembly and first long link (para. 4-16a. Note boom to 11pO).
(16) Add bays 14, 15, 16 and 17, including sway braces.
(17) Place one deck unit in third recess of bay 17.
(18) Connect push bar. Unlock rollers and boom bridge to 13p0 (over RRB). Lock rollers, and disconnect
(19) Add bays 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22, including sway braces.
Ensure shoulders of pins at 18p0 and 19p0 are pushed fully home on both sides of bridge.
(20) Place one deck unit in third recess of bay 21.