ARMY TM 5-5420-212-10-1
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-10/1-1
(37) Add post tensioning assembly under bay 18 and add light tackle. Ensure retainer clips are placed on
each upper jaw.
(38) Place puller handle in well of bottom of bay 18.
(39) Remove launching nose pin securing post to frame. Use this pin in assembly of link [step (41)].
(40) Remove launching nose pin securing sliding block. Put this pin in well of bottom panel of bay 18 for use
when pinning the post in tension position [step (67)].
(41) Fit connecting block of post to link number eight.
(42) Add ninth long link to link connecting block of post, feed link between cross girder and capsill beam. Fit
(43) Fit footwalk bearers, footwalk, footwalk posts and guard rope [para. 4-16b. steps (9) thru (12)].
(44) Remove and disassemble rear roller beam.
(45) Launch bridge to 22p2 (over CRB) removing launching nose sections during launch.
(46) Remove and disassemble front roller beam.
(47) Position anchor assembly under bridge in front of capsill roller beam with junction block toward gap.
Fork end anchors should be in transit position.
Timber packing (3 in x 8 in x 84 in) must be placed on roller beam cross girder and under fork end
anchor of anchor assembly.
(48) Connect ninth long link to anchor assembly junction block and fit light tackle.
(49) Fit fork end anchors of short link over bottom panel pins at 22p0.
(50) Launch to Dp2 (over CRB) removing launching noses observing the 5 It (1.5 m) minimum overhang.
Leave the last three nose sections in place. These sections will be removed after the far bank end of
bridge has been lowered to the ground.
It may be necessary to lift or lower the anchor junction block and the end of the link chain to allow
the fork end anchors of the long link to be fitted to the bottom panel pin at Dp0.
(51) Fit fork end anchors of long link over bottom panel pins at Dp0.