ARMY TM 5-5420-212-10-1
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-10/1-1
(24) Remove short link fork end anchors from bottom panel at 22p0.
(25) Assemble and position front roller beam (FRB) 30 ft (9.2 m) from capsill roller beam. Ensure center of
front roller beam is over centerline of bridge and front roller beam is at 90° to centerline of bridge. Set
the height of the FRB lower than the RRB [see step (36)].
(26) Add 4N1.
(27) Disconnect long link from anchor assembly and remove anchor assembly from under bridge.
It may be necessary to pull up on light tackle to clear the anchor assembly connecting block over
the near bank.
(28) Delaunch bridge to 19p5.
(29) Add 3N1.
(30) Remove long link from post tensioning assembly link connecting block.
(31) Remove guard rope from footwalk posts, footwalk posts, footwalk and footwalk bearers.
(32) Disconnect long link from post tensioning assembly link connecting block.
(33) Pin the sliding block using pin previously placed in the well of bottom panel 18, then lift and move post
until link connecting block can be pinned to frame of the assembly.
(34) Remove retainer clips from upper jaws of post tensioning assembly, lift assembly and open upper jaws.
Lower assembly to the ground and remove from under bridge.
Opening of upper jaws may require one person on each side of girder above tensioning assembly
pushing against jaws with bootheel or otherwise use a lever between bottom panel and post
(35) Assemble and position rear roller beam (RRB) 15 ft (4.6 m) from front roller beam. Ensure center of
rear roller beam is over centerline of bridge and roller beam is at 900 to centerline of bridge. Use
longitudinal girder to position RRB, then disconnect girders from RRB and place on the ground.