Stall Test (Sheet 4 of 5)
14. If engine speed is over 2050 rpm, there is clutch slippage in transmission. Verify that
shift control lever is in high (check control indicator position). Notify support
This test may also be used to determine if
the low-range or reverse-range transmission
servobands are dipping.
15. Set transmission in low or reverse range by grasping shift control lever and pull or
push lever to set indicator to selected range.
Do not stall test for more than 30 seconds
at full throttle or allow transmission oil
temperature to go into red area on
transmission oil temperature indicator.
16. Watch tachometer and operate engine at full throttle for no more than 30 seconds,
17. If engine speed is below 1800 rpm after three checks, engine is not operating properly.
Notify support maintenance.
18. If engine speed exceeds 2050 rpm, servobands are slipping. Verify that shift control
lever is in selected range (check position of control indicator) and adjust forward
or reverse servobands (page 11-84).
Go on to Sheet 13