FUEL-WATER SEPARATOR OPERATIONAL TESTS (Sheet 10 of 11)
Sequential Drain Test (Sheet 3 of 4)
9. Remove tip of lower (F) sensor probe from water in metal container (G) before 15 seconds
have gone by from time of putting it in and check if fluid stops draining from solenoid
drain valve drain tube (J).
10. If fluid does not start draining "
(step 7), does not keep draining
(step 8), or does not stop draining
(step 9), refer to troubleshooting
procedures (page 4-247).
11. Disconnect jumper wire from
negative (-) terminal of power
12. Disconnect ground contact B (L) at
fuel-water separator control box (M).
13. Disconnect ground contact B (L)
and jumper wire (N) from metal
14. Disconnect jumper wires from
positive (+) terminal of power
source (K) and power contact A
(P) at fuel-water separator control
15. Remove metal container (G) with
water and fuel from underdrain line
Using pliers, connect engine
electrical harness connector (Q)
to fuel-water separator control
box (M) by turning clockwise.
Go on to Sheet 11