TM 5-5420-226 -20-3
GENERATOR AIR EXHAUSTPIPE AND HOSE REPLACEMENT (3 of 4)
CLEANING AND INSPECTION:
Cleaning agent specified is flare mable. Use only in well ventilated areas. Keep away from
flames, sparks, or heat. Do not smoke while using. Prevent contact with eyes, mouth, and/or
skin. Wear rubber gloves when performing cleaning procedures.
1. Using alcohol and rags clean
hose. spect for cracks and
breaks. If hose is damage
2. Using dry cleaning solvent, clean all removed parts.
3. Using rags, wipe all removed parts dry.
4. Inspect mounting hardware and pipe for damage. Replace parts as required, if defective or
Apply silicone compound to the inside of the generator boot sealing surfaces
1. Position pipe (A) through engine shroud.
2. Assemble clamp (B) to pipe (A).,
3. Using 1/2-inch socket, install two
clamp (B) to pipe (A).
Go on to Sheet 4