STARTER REPLACEMENT (Sheet 6 of 7)
5. Slide starter cradle assembly
bracket (E) into position under
6. Using fingers, install three screws
(F) with flat washers (G) to secure
starter cradle assembly bracket (E) to
engine oil pan (H).
When installing ground strap (J) to
screw (K), be sure flat washer seats
flat against bracket face.
7. Using fingers install ground strap (J) On screw flat washer and lockwasher (K),
and install screw to starter cradle assembly bracket (E) and engine oil pan (H)
as in step 6.
8. Using 1/2-inch wrench, tighten two
self-locking nuts (L) evenly to be
sure nuts and U-bolts seat properly.
Using 9/16-inch socket and 10-inch
extension, secure four screws (F)
After securing screws (F) and (K), check front of stater
case to be sure there is no gap between the starter case
and the support cradle assembly. If there is a gap, Ioosen
screws (F) and (K) and adjust the position of the cradle
assembly so there is no gap.
10. Position low voltage relay solenoid bracket (M) on engine oil pan (H) and using
1/2-inch socket and 10-inch extension secure low voltage relay solenoid bracket
(M) to engine oil pan (H) with four screws (N) and lockwashers (P).
Go on to Sheet. 7