ELECTRICAL WIRING HARNESS AND CABLE CONNECTOR REPAIR (Sheet 12 of 18)
Female Plug Repair (Sheet 2 of 3)
5. Using diagonal cutting pliers, cut wire
from contact (E). Throw away contact (E).
Pulling cut wire out of grommet (D), use
diagonal cutting pliers to shorten wire
about 6 inches. Fasten new end of
cut wire to cable (C) and wrap with
7. Using hand wire stripper, strip insulation
from jumper wire equal to depth of .
8. Placing connector face down on flat surface,
apply a small amount of silicone to
empty holes on back of plug assembly (B)
and on front of grommet (D).
9. Push new contact (E) into hole in back of plug
assembly (B) far enough so it will remain
10. Push jumper wire end, first through grommet
retaining nut (A) and then through hole in
Go on to Sheet 3