ELECTRICAL WIRING HARNESS AND CABLE CONNECTOR REPAIR (Sheet 14 of 18)
Finale Connector With Washer (12 Gauge Cable) Repair (Sheet 1 of 1)
Electrical connector repair tool kit
Diagonal cutting pliers
Silicone compound (Item 32, Appendix D)
Loosen or remove cable clamps as required
1. Slide shell (A) back along cable (B).
2. Using diagonal cutting pliers, cut
terminal (C) and washer (D) from
cable (B). Throw terminal (C) and
washer (D) away.
3. Using hand wire stripper, strip insulation
from cable (B) equal to well depth in
4. Slide new washer (D) onto stripped cable
end (E) back to cable insulation.
5. Insert stripped cable end (E) into well
in terminal (C).
6. Using crimping tool, crimp terminal (C).
Slide shell (A) forward until tight against washer (D).
9* Tighten or install cable clamps as required.
End of Task