ELECTRICAL WIRING HARNESS AND CABLE CONNECTOR REPAIR (Sheet 15 of 18)
Female Connector With Sleeve (14 and 16 Gauge Cable) Repair (Sheet 1 of 1)
Electrical connector repair tool kit
Diagonal cutting pliers
Silicone compound (Item 32, Appendix D)
Loosen or remove cable clamps as required
1. Slide shell (A) and sleeve (B)
back along cable (C).
2. Using diagonal cuttting pliers, cut
terminal (D) from cable (C).
Throw terminal (D) away.
3. Using hand wire stripper, strip
insulation from cable (C) equal to
well depth in terminal (D).
4. Insert stripped cable end (E)
into well in terminal (D).
5. Using crimping tool crimp terminal (D).
6. Slide sleeve (B) forward along cable (C)
until tight against terminal (D).
7. Slide shell (A) forward along cable (C) until tight against sleeve (B).
9. Tighten or install cable clamps as required.
End of Task