ELECTRICAL WIRING HARNESS AND CABLE CONNECTOR REPAIR (Sheet 17 of 18)
Female Receptacle Repair (Sheet 2 of 3)
7. Using hand wire stripper, strip insulation
from jumper wire equal to depth of
contact solder well (F).
8. Placing connector face down on flat surface,
apply a small amount of silicone to
empty holes on back of plug assembly (B)
and on front of grommet (D).
9. Push new contact (E) into hole in back of
plug assembly (B) far enough so it will remain
10. Push jumper wire end, first through groin met
retaining nut (A) and then through hole
in grommet (D).
11. Hold jumper wire so wire end is pushing
down into solder in contact solder well (F).
contact (E) until solder begins to melt
and wire slips into contact solder well (F).
13. Removing soldering gun from side of contact
(E), continue holding wire until solder has
cooled and set.
Go on to Sheet 3