TRANSMISSION SIDE OIL STRAINER ASSEMBLY SERVICE (Sheet 4 of 8)
Using adjustable wrench, remove nut
(K) and nipple adapter (L) from
Remove vent tube (M) from transmission.
Using hose clamp pliers, remove both
clamps (A) and rubber tubing (B) from
vent tube (M).
13. Slide nut (K) off opposite end of vent
1. Using diagonal pliers, cut lockwire (A) from
six screws (B).
2. Using 7/16 inch socket, remove six screws
(B) and washer seals (C) securing element cover
(D) to oil screen shell (E).
3. Using putty knife, remove cover (D) and gasket
(F). Throw gasket away.
4. Remove preformed packing (G), reinforcement
(H). and element (J) from shell (E). Separate
reinforcement (H) from element (J).
5. Using 1/2 inch socket, remove two jackscrews
CLEANING AND INSPECTION:
Cleaning agent specified is flammable. only in well ventilated areas. Keep away
from flames, sparks, or heat. Do not smoke while using. Prevent contact with eyes,
mouth, and/or skin. Wear rubber gloves when performing cleaning procedures.
1. Using solvent and rags, clean all parts.
2. Inspect all parts for defects.
3. Replace parts found defective.
Go on to Sheet 5