UNIVERSAL JOINT REPLACEMENT (Sheet 2 of 7)
Turn quick-disconnect clamp until it
is in working position.
1. Using cutting pliers, cut locking wire (A).
2. Using extension and 3/4 inch socket, remove
3. Open quick-disconnect clamp (C).
4. Remove quick-disconnect clamp (C).
5. Check quick-disconnect clamp (C) for cracks,
breaks, and spring hinge. Replace if
6. Place large crowbar (D) in position to
support final drive flange (G).
7. While holding down on large crowbar (D),
use pinch bar (E) to pry final drive adapter
assembly (F) until it comes loose from final
drive flange (G).
Use rope capable of picking up and
holding at least 92 pounds.
8. Attach rope (H) loosely to universal joint.
Go on to Sheet 3