UNIVERSAL JOINT REPLACEMENT (Sheet 3 of 7)
9. Using 1-1/2 inch wrench, loosen connector
(K). Move oil cooler tube to one side.
10. Using cutting pliers, cut two locking wires
(L). Remove locking wires.
Turn universal joint (J) left or right to
remove all four screws (M). It may be
necessary to use crowbar to wedge
universal joint to prevent it from
turning while removing screws (M).
11. Using 13/ 16 inch socket, remove three of four screws (M).
12. Tighten rope to universal joint (J).
13. Using 13/ 16 inch socket and extension, remove fourth screw (M).
14. Using rope and crowbar, lift universal joint from vehicle and place in work area.
15. Remove rope from universal joint.
16. Using cutting pliers, cut locking wire (N). Remove locking wire.
17. Using 13/16 inch socket and hammer, if required, loosen four screws (P).
18. Using 13/16 inch socket, remove four screws (P).
Go on to Sheet