TONGUE ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (Sheet 3 of 4)
Hook lifting device and sling
onto four holes (A).
While two technicians guide tongue
assembly (B), have third technician
operating lifting device slowly lower tongue assembly (B) into position on vehicle.
3. When mounting holes are alined, use hammer and drive pin to drive in two shafts (C).
4 . Using snap ring pliers, install
four retaining rings (D).
5. Manually remove lifting device.
6. Using socket, install four grease fittings (E).
7. Using hammer, tap in tongue cross pin (F)
with notch down.
8. Position key (G) under notch in tongue
cross pin (F).
9. Place two key retainers (H) in position.
Using socket, install four screws (J) and new lockwashers (K).
Go on to Sheet 4