LOCKING CYLINDER REPAIR (Sheet 3 of 4)
CLEANING AND INSPECTION:
Cleaning agent specified is flammable. Use only in well ventilated areas. Keep away
from flames, sparks, or heat. Do not smoke while using. Prevent contact with eyes,
mouth, and/or skin. Wear rubber gloves when performing cleaning procedures.
Using solvent, clean all metallic parts.
Using rags, dry all parts.
3. I n s p e c t all parts for damage or wear.
Replace all unserviceable parts.
1. Install new packing assembly (A) on piston rod (B).
2. Install new spacer ring (C) and new preformed packing (D) on land ring (E).
3. Position land ring (E) on head (F) with holes alined.
4. Using socket, loosely install eight screws (G).
5. Using torque wrench, tighten screws (G) 30 to 40 lb-ft (40.6 to 54.2 NZm).
6. Install new wiper ring (H) in bushing (J).
7. Using spanner wrench in unthreaded holes (K) of bushing (J), tighten bushing to land ring (E).
8. Install new wiper ring (L) on piston rod (B).
9. Position retainer plate (M) on piston rod (B) and aline holes with threaded holes of bushing
Go on to Sheet 4