HEU OR EARLY MODEL TONGUE CYLINDER REPLACEMENT (Sheet 6 of 6)
Make sure hose marked "CK1" is on
vehicle left side and hose marked "CK2" is
on right side.
15. Using adjustable wrench to hold elbow (M), use
1-1/4 inch wrench to install hose assembly (N).
16. Using adjustable wrench to hold elbow (P), use
1-1/4 inch wrench to install hose assembly (Q).
17. Service hydraulic reservoir (LO-12).
19. Check for hydraulic leaks and correct as
20. Extend tongue cylinder (E) and position rod end
connector (R) in support of tongue (S) (TM-10).
21. Have one technician hold rod end connector(R)
in position while another inserts pin (T).
It may be necessary to use hammer and
drift on pin (T) after it has been started
through both the support of tongue (S) and
rod end connector (R).
22. Using snap ring pliers, install two retaining
23. Remove sling and lifting device.
24. Using socket, install four grease fittings (V).
25. Service hydraulic reservoir (LO-12).
End of Task