HEU OR EARLY MODEL TONGUE CYLINDER REPAIR (Sheet 3 of 5)
Place container under tong ue cylinder t o catch fl ui d.
14. Manually install four 10/32 screws (L) into threaded holes of bushing (M).
15. Using spanner wrench on screws (L), remove bushing (M) from piston rod (E).
16. Remove screws (L).
17. Remove wiper ring (N) from bushing (M).
18. Remove wiper ring (P) from land ring (Q).
19. Using 1-5/16 inch socket, remove eight screws (R).
20. Remove land ring (Q).
21. Remove preformed packing (S) from land ring (Q).
22. Remove spacer ring (T) from land ring (Q).
Use caution when performing step 23. Damage to piston rod (E) could occur during
removal of packing assembly (U).
23. Using screwdriver, remove seal pack assembly (U) (HEU model) preformed packing assembly (U) (Early model) from
piston rod (E). Discard assembly (U).
CLEANING AND INSPECTION:
Dry cleaning solvent is toxic and flammable. To prevent personal injury, wear protective
goggles and gloves and use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
clothes and don't breathe vapors. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat. The flash
point for Type #l Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type #2 is 138°F (50°C). If
you become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, get fresh air immediately and get medical aid.
If contact with eyes is made, wash your eyes with water and get medical aid immediately.
Using dry cleaning solvent, clean all metallic parts.
Using rags, dry all parts.
Inspect all parts for damage or wear. Replace all unserviceable parts.
Go on to Sheet 4