OPERATOR MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
IMPROVED RIBBON BRIDGE (IRB)
RAMP BAY M16
NSN 5420-01-470-5825 P/N 12478918;
INTERIOR BAY M17
NSN 5420-01-470-5824 P/N 12478919.
Section II. LUBRICATION INSTRUCTIONS
This lubrication instruction is for operator maintenance, and provides the
lubrication requirements needed to support the Improved Ribbon Bridge (IRB).
Included are Fluid Capacities, Lubricant Requirements, Lubrication Intervals, and
Locations for lubricating the bridge. For lubrication instructions for the CBT and
BAP, refer to TM 5-5420-234-14&P.
1. Operators service intervals are for normal operation of the bridge in moderate
temperatures, humidity, and atmospheric conditions. The lubrication for the
bridge is to be performed at whichever interval occurs first.
2. Check and fill pump reservoir (Ramp Bay only) weekly, and after operating,
with fluid. (Refer to WP 0064 00.)
3. Clean and lubricate unfolding cables (Ramp Bay and Interior Bay) weekly,
and after operating, with lubricant, exposed wire. (Refer to WP 0068 00.)
4. Clean and lubricate eyebolts (Ramp Bay and Interior Bay) weekly, and after
operating, with lubricating oil. (Refer to WP 0068 00.)
5. Clean and lubricate lower lock-drive jack screws (Ramp Bay and Interior Bay)
weekly, and after operating, with oil. (Refer to WP 0068 00.)