0014 00-1/2 blank
UNIT MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
IMPROVED RIBBON BRIDGE (IRB)
RAMP BAY M16
NSN 5420-01-470-5825 P/N 12478918;
INTERIOR BAY M17
NSN 5420-01-470-5824 P/N 12478919.
SERVICE UPON RECEIPT
SERVICE UPON RECEIPT OF MATERIAL
When an IRB bay is first received by the using organization, it is the responsibility of the officer-in-
charge to determine if it has been properly prepared for service by the supplier. It is also the responsibility
of the officer-in-charge to ensure the bay is in operating condition. The operator will assist when
performing service upon receipt inspections. Refer to TM 5-5420-278-10 when testing equipment for proper
Upon receipt of a new or used IRB bay, the following procedure is to be followed:
1. Inspect the equipment for damage incurred during shipment. If the equipment has been damaged,
report the damage on SF 361, Transportation Discrepancy Report.
2. Check the equipment against the packing slip to see if the shipment is complete. Report all
discrepencies in accordance with applicable service instructions (refer to DA PAM 738-750).
3. Check to see whether the equipment has been modified.
Prepare IRB bay(s) for use by performing the following installation procedures.
1. Install ramp plates and straps (ramp bay only) (refer to TM 5-5420-278-10).
2. Install handrails on bay (if removed) (refer to WP 0052 00).
3. Install bilge plugs on bay (if removed) (refer to TM 5-5420-278-10).
4. Add pump fluid to pumps as required (ramp bay only) (refer to TM 5-5420-278-10).
5. Install BII items on ramp bay in storage boxes (refer to TM 5-5420-278-10).
PRELIMINARY SERVICING OF EQUIPMENT
Perform the following tasks prior to releasing the equipment for use:
1. Perform preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCS) (refer to WP 0015 00).
2. Check all exterior surfaces of equipment for dirt, grease, oil, or any other existing debris. Refer to
WP 0073 00 and clean as necessary.
3. Check all basic issue items (BII) (refer to TM 5-5420-278-10) to ensure they are present, in good
condition, and properly mounted or stowed.
4. Check maintenance schedule for transporter and perform PMCS and lubrication on transporter and
truck chassis as required (refer to TM 5-5420-278-10 and WP 0015 00).
END OF WORK PACKAGE