RAPIDLY EMPLACED BRIDGE (REB)
DEPLOYMENT BY HELICOPTER
Unit commanders are cautioned of the necessity to
anticipate requirements for an airlift operation and
arrange for timely delivery.
Deployment by helicopter is performed under
conditions where it may be advantageous to use a
helicopter to transport and emplace the bridge or
where site conditions make it impossible to emplace
the bridge by any other means.
Two personnel can prepare and rig bridge in 20
The bridge can be transported at speeds up to
Perform step 1 if bridge is loaded on CBT.
1. Launch bridge (2) to ground where specified by unit commander. Refer to
Perform steps 2 and 3 if bridge is emplaced over gap
and anchorage is installed.
When deploying bridge by helicopter, bridge anchorage
must stay with the bridge.
2. Disconnect anchorage from bridge and remove anchorage pins from ground.
3. Remove anchorage stowage boxes from pallet and install on bridge quarters.
4. Ensure anchoring pins, sledge hammers, nail heads, removers, and drawing
apparatuses are placed in anchorage stowage boxes. Refer to WP 0007 00.
Do not attempt to transport anchoring straps and hold-
fasts on bridge when deploying bridge by helicopter.
Failure to comply may result in damage to equipment.
5. Transport anchoring straps and hold-fasts to deployment site by aircraft or