DEPLOYMENT BY HELICOPTER (Contd)
Ensure all four bridge quarter slide locks are locked by
visually checking position of control levers and feeling
each lock lever for engagement on launch beam support
tubes. Failure to comply may result in damage to
17. Connect apex fittings (4) and (7) to helicopter forward and aft hooks, and signal
helicopter pilot to slowly lift bridge (2) and transport to emplacement area.
Ensure bridge minimum bearing safety setback is observed
during helicopter deployment, or damage to equipment or
possible injury or death to personnel may result.
18. Bridge supervisor will signal helicopter to lower bridge (2) over gap.
19. Ensure ramp ends of bridge quarters contact ground evenly on both sides of
gap, signal helicopter pilot to release lifting sling, and clear emplacement.
20. Disconnect apex fittings (4) and (7) from lifting sling, and remove helicopter
lifting sling cables and chains from bridge (2).
21. Securely anchor bridge as required. Refer to Bridge Anchorage, WP 0018 00.
22. Before crossing bridge, refer to Bridge Operation WP 0019 00.
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0017 00-3/4 blank