PREPARATION FOR EMERGENCY MANUAL REMOVAL OF PALLET FROM CBT
8. Disconnect power cable (1) from NATO slave receptacle (2), located on CBT
and pallet, and stow power cable (1) on CBT.
9. Install dust cap (3) on both NATO slave receptacles (2).
If bridge halves are on pallet, do not attempt removal of
pallet from CBT without the fastening rods installed.
Failure to comply may result in damage to equipment.
Perform step 10 if bridge halves are on pallet and
fastening rods are not installed. Perform steps 11 if
fastening rods are installed. Perform step 12 if bridge
halves are removed from pallet.
10. Install two fastening rods on upper bridge halve (8) at both sides of pallet;
ensure all fastening rods are properly tightened. Refer to WP 0008 00.
To maintain a low center of gravity, the lifting sling must
be connected to pallet launch boom lifting eyes and
A-frame hook bar only. Failure to comply may result in
damage to equipment or injury or death to personnel.
11. Ensure all fastening rods are properly tightened. Refer to WP 0008 00.
12. Remove retaining pins from both launch boom locks (7). Refer to WP 0007 00.
13. Connect lifting sling to two pallet launch boom lifting eyes (6) and A-frame
hook bar (4), and connect large ring at opposite end of lifting sling to lifting
hook of crane or suitable lifting device.