RAPIDLY EMPLACED BRIDGE (REB)
SERVICE UPON RECEIPT OF MATERIAL
When a REB is first received by the using organization, it is the responsibility of
the gaining unit to determine if it has been properly prepared for service by the
supplier. It is also the responsibility of the gaining unit to ensure the bridge is in
operating condition. Field maintenance will provide any additional service required
to bring the bay to operating standards. Whenever practical, the operator will assist
with this service.
Upon receipt of a new or used REB, the following procedure is to be followed:
1. Inspect the equipment for damage incurred during shipment. If the equipment
has been damaged, report the damage on SF 361, Transportation Discrepancy
2. Check the equipment against the packing slip to see if the shipment is complete.
Report all discrepencies in accordance with applicable service instructions.
Refer to DA PAM 750-8.
3. Check to see whether the equipment has been modified.
Prepare REB unit for use by performing the following installation procedures.
Install Basic Issue Items (BII) items on Pallet in stowage boxes. Refer to
PRELIMINARY SERVICING OF EQUIPMENT
Perform the following tasks prior to releasing the equipment for use:
1. Perform Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) to verify all
component assemblies and subassemblies are complete and in proper working
2. Check all exterior surfaces of equipment for dirt, grease, oil, or any other
existing debris, and clean bridge as necessary. Refer to WP 0046 00.
3. Check all BII to ensure they are present, in good condition, and properly
4. Check maintenance schedule for transporter and perform PMCS and
lubrication on transporter as required. Refer to TM 5-5420-234-14&P.
END OF WORK PACKAGE