RAPIDLY EMPLACED BRIDGE (REB)
The following lubrication instructions are for operator maintenance, and provide
the lubrication requirements necessary to support the REB. Refer to tables 1, 2, and
3 in this work package for fluid capacities, lubricant requirements, lubrication
points, and lubrication intervals for the bridge and pallet. For lubrication
instructions for the CBT, refer to TM 5-5420-234-14&P. For lubrication instructions
for the Palletized Load System Trailer (PLST), refer to TM 9-2330-385-14.
1. Operator's service intervals are for normal operation of the bridge in
moderate temperature, humidity, and atmospheric conditions. The lubrication
for the bridge is to be performed at whichever interval occurs first.
2. Clean bridge halves and lubricate bridge components as required prior to use.
Refer to WP 0046 00 for cleaning instructions. Refer to tables 1 and 3 in this
work package for bridge lubrication.
3. Clean pallet and lubricate pallet components as required prior to use. Refer to
WP 0046 00
for cleaning instructions. Refer
1 and 2 in this
package for pallet lubrication.
4. Check Launch Power Unit (LPU) engine oil level weekly and after each use. If
necessary, add OE/HDO 15W-40 or OE/HDO 5W-30 lubricating oil, (81349)
MIL-PRF-2104. Refer to Pallet Maintenance Procedures, WP 0048 00.
5. Check pallet hydraulic reservoir weekly and after each use. Refer to WP 0007
If oil level
is not visible through site glass,
OE/HDO-10 lubricating oil, MIL-PRF-2104. Refer to Pallet Maintenance,
6. If operating in extreme heat or cold, notify field maintenance to change oils
Accidental or intentional introduction of liquid
state, federal and military regulation. Refer to Army
POL, WP 0001 00 for information concerning storage,
use, and disposal of these liquids. Failure to comply
may result in damage to environment and health of
7. The REB is not enrolled in AOAP.