WINCH HYDRAULIC MOTOR REPLACEMENT (Contd)
Cap or plug all hoses, connections, and openings immediately after
disconnection to prevent contamination. Remove caps or plugs prior
to installation. Failure to do so may result in damage to equipment.
Tag tubing and hoses for installation.
Have container ready to catch oil.
1. Remove elbow (8) and tee fitting (9) from elbow (10) on side of winch motor (5).
2. Remove elbow (10) and adapter (11) from side of winch motor (5).
It may be necessary, to tap on winch motor housing with a plastic
hammer to loosen winch motor housing from brake housing.
Note location and quantity of two axial washers and adjusting
washers for installation.
3. Remove two screws (6), washers (7), winch motor (5), adjusting washer (2), and two axial
washers (3) from brake housing (1).
4. Clean sealant from mating surfaces of winch motor flange (4) and brake housing (1).
Perform step 1 to adjust end play clearance if new winch motor is
being installed or location and quantity of axial washers or
adjusting washers were not noted.
1. Measure end play clearance between end of motor shaft (12) and drive gear inside of brake
a. Using a depth gauge, measure the depth from brake housing flange (1) to inside drive gear and
b. Using a depth gauge, measure the height from winch motor flange (4) to the end of motor
shaft (12) and record.
c. Subtract one number from other number recorded and this is clearance.
d. Adjust end play to 0.0080.031 in. (0.20.8 mm) by adding or removing adjusting washers (2).
2. Apply sealant to mating surfaces of brake housing (1) and winch motor flange (4).
Apply a light coat of grease to motor shaft at installation.
Install axial washers and adjusting washers as noted at removal.
Apply sealing compound to threads of screws at installation.
Ensure that all mounting hardware is tightened to metric
standards unless otherwise noted. Refer to metric torque limits in
3. Install adjusting washers (2), axial washers (3), and winch motor (5) on brake housing (1) with two
washers (7) and screws (6).
4. Install adapter (11) and elbow (10) on side of winch motor (5).
5. Install tee fitting (9) and elbow (8) on elbow (10).
6. Install winch control block and adapter plate. Refer to WP 0063 00.