RAPIDLY EMPLACED BRIDGE (REB)
NSN 5420-01-481-3959 P/N 12480471
SERVICE UPON RECEIPT
SERVICE UPON RECEIPT OF MATERIAL
When a REB is first received by the using organization, it is the responsibility of the officer-in-charge to
determine if it has been properly prepared for service by the supplier. It is also the responsibility of the
officer-in-charge to ensure the bridge and bridge pallet is in operating condition. The operator will assist
when performing service upon receipt inspections. Refer to TM 5-5420-280-10 when testing equipment for
Upon receipt of a new or used REB, perform the following procedure:
1. Inspect the equipment for damage incurred during shipment. If the equipment has been damaged,
report the damage on SF 361, Transportation Discrepancy Report.
2. Check the equipment against the packing slip to see if the shipment is complete. Report all
discrepencies in accordance with applicable service instructions (refer to DA PAM 750-8).
3. Check to see whether the equipment has been modified.
Prepare REB for use by performing the following installation procedures.
1. Add oil to Launch Power Unit (LPU) engine. Refer to TM 5-5420-280-10.
2. Fill LPU engine fuel tank. Refer to TM 5-5420-280-10.
3. Add hydraulic oil to reservoir as required. Refer to TM 5-5420-280-10.
4. Install BII equipment on pallet in stowage boxes. Refer to TM 5-5420-280-10.
PRELIMINARY SERVICING OF EQUIPMENT
Perform the following tasks prior to releasing the equipment for use:
1. Perform Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS). Refer to WP 0015 00.
2. Check all exterior surfaces of equipment for dirt, grease, oil, or any other existing debris. Refer to
3. Check all Basic Issue Items (BII) to ensure they are present, in good condition, and properly mounted
or stowed. Refer to TM 5-5420-280-10.
4. Check maintenance schedule for transporter and perform PMCS and lubrication on transporter and
vehicle chassis as required. Refer to TM 5-5420-280-10 and WP 0016 00.
END OF WORK PACKAGE