0114 00 38
4. Inspect portable fire extinguisher
for broken seal, damage to nozzle or
RED zone indication on gage. If seal
is broken, nozzle is damaged, or a
RED zone indication is found on
gage, contact unit maintenance.
Fire extinguisher is
5. Wash hull and engine with clean
water. Remove dirt and residue with
a soft bristle brush. Check for
cracks. If cracks are found, contact
Stanchions and Life
1. Check life rings for damage. If
damage is found that would prevent
proper operation of life rings,
contact unit maintenance.
2. Check life ring strobes for
proper operation. If strobes do not
operate, contact unit maintenance.
3. Inspect life ring stanchions for
broken welds, missing or broken
bolts and broken connectors. If
broken welds or broken connectors
are found or bolts are broken or
missing, contact unit maintenance.
3. Fresh water rinse stanchions, life
rings and strobes to remove salt
Table 1. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services. (Continued)
ITEM TO BE