d. ASSOCIATED PUBLICATIONS. The publications listed below pertain to the Boat, Bridge Erection
,and its components.
Unit Maintenance Manual
Unit Repair Parts and Special Tools List Manual
TM 5-1 940-277-34
Direct and General Support Maintenance Manual
HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
a. When National Stock Numbers or Part Numbers are NOT Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly or subassembly group to which the
item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and
listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and use the Figure and Item Number Index to find the NSN.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the of National Stock Number and Part Number Indexes find the pertinent National
Stock Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence (see
paragraph 4.a.). The part numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence
(see paragraph 4.b.). Both indexes cross-reference you to the illustration/figure and item number of the item
you are looking for.
(2) Second. Turn to the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you are looking for,
then locate the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.
ABBREVIATIONS. Abbreviations used in this manual are listed in MIL-STD-12.