ENGINE OIL FILTER MAINTENANCE (Contd)
The oil filters on both engines are replaced the same. This
procedure covers the replacement of one oil filter.
1. Place shallow liquid container under oil filter (1) to catch oil during removal.
2. Remove oil filter (1) from filter base (2) by turning counterclockwise. Discard oil filter (1).
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
1. For general cleaning and inspection instructions, refer to WP 0013 00.
2. Wipe excess oil from filter base (2) with dry cloth.
1. Apply light coat of oil to filter seal (3).
2. Fill new oil filter (1) with oil.
3. Install new filter (1) onto filter base (2) until filter seal (3) contacts filter base (2).
4. Secure new oil filter (1) on filter base (2) by turning one-half turn clockwise.
5. If necessary, wipe spilled oil from filter element and oil cooler.
6. Start engine and check for leaks (TM 5-1940-322-10).
7. Check oil level on dipstick, add oil if necessary (TM 5-1940-322-10).
8. Close engine hatches (TM 5-1940-322-10).