ANODES MAINTENANCE (Contd)
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
1. For general cleaning and inspection instructions, refer to WP 0013 00.
Skysol 100 solvent is combustible; DO NOT use or store near heat,
sparks, flame, or other ignition sources. Use mechanical ventilation
whenever product is used in a confined space, heated above ambient
temperatures, or agitated. Keep container sealed when not in use.
Contact with Skysol 100 may cause skin irritation. Use chemical-
resistant gloves. In case of skin contact, remove any contaminated
clothing and wash skin thoroughly with soap and water. Wash
contaminated clothing before reuse. Eye contact may cause irritation,
tearing, or blurring of vision.
Use face shield or goggles when eye contact may occur.
In case of eye contact, flush eyes with large amounts of water for at
least 15 minutes or until irritation subsides. Inhalation may cause
irritation to upper respiratory passages. DO NOT have food or drink
in the vicinity. Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
Clean any corrosion from anode mounting surfaces with Skysol 100 and dry with cloth.
Inspect anodes for pitting and wear, replace anodes if pitting is through anodes or if 50% of original
anode material is missing.
COOLER ANODE INSTALLATION
Install two anodes (17) on keel cooler (16) with four screws (19) and new lockwashers (18).
Perform steps 1 and 2 for remaining keel cooler anodes.
HULL ANODE INSTALLATION
Install two anodes (22) on hull keel (24) with two screws (25), four washers (21), and two new locknuts (23).
SCOOP REVERSE DEFLECTOR ANODE INSTALLATION
1. Install two new fiber washers (27) and anode (25) on scoop reverse deflector (26) with two
washers (28) and new locknuts (29). Tighten locknuts (29) to 12.514 lb-ft (1719 Nm).
2. Repeat step 1 for additional side.
HYDROJET ANODE INSTALLATION
1. Install new fiber washer (13), wire lead (9), and anode (12) on hydrojet drive (15) with washer (11) and
new locknut (10). Tighten locknut (10) to 2325 lb-ft (3134 Nm).
2. Install spacer (14), wire lead (9), and anode (12) on hydrojet drive (15) with washer (11) and new
locknut (10). Tighten locknut (10) to 2325 lb-ft (3134 Nm).
3. Install new fiber washer (5) and anode (6) on hydrojet drive (15) with washer (7) and new locknut (8).
Tighten locknut (8) to 12.514 lb-ft (1719 Nm).
4. Install anode (4) on hydrojet tail shaft (1) with washer (3) and new locknut (2). Tighten locknut (2) to
4448 lb-ft (6065 Nm).
5. Perform steps 1 through 4 for remaining hydrojet anodes.