ENGINE GENERATOR REPLACEMENT (Sheet 3 of 8)
13. Using 1/2 inch wrench, loosen two
nuts (S) which hold U-bolt (T) to
cradle (U) until clamping bars
(V) are free.
14. Using diagonal cutting pliers,
cut lockwire (W).
15. Using 9/16 inch socket or 9/16
inch wrench, remove four screws
(X) and flat washers (Y).
16. Using 9/16 inch socket, remove
two nuts (Z) and flat washers
17. Remove ground lead (N).
18. Remove bracket (AB), cradle (U),
and U-bolt (T) as one whole
19. Using screwdriver, loosen three boot
Boot (AD) is easily damaged. Be careful to
prevent ripping or puncturing boot (AD).
20. Slide boot clamps (AC) and boot (AD) over generator (A) to gain access fo removal
of mounting nuts.
Go on to Sheet 4