c. Disassembly Swinging Bridge Method
Never swing bridge downstream, always swing bridge upstream to far shore.
Hydraulic pumps must be operated simultaneously and in unison to prevent
damage to both pumps and cylinders.
Perform Steps (1) through (3) on both ramp bays.
(1) Unlatch roadway/roadway connector (1) on approach ramp side of bay.
(2) Retract approach ramps (2).
(3) Open hydraulic pump access covers (3), set pump control levers (4) to PUMP open vent valves (5) and oper-
ate pumps using handles (6) to relieve grounding. Close vent valves (5), set control lever (4) to TRAFFIC
and close pump access covers (3).
Figure 2-29. Bridge Recovery Swinging Bridge Method (Sheet 1 of 3).
(4) Have appropriate number of bridge boats connect to bridge for anchorage (table 2-15).
(5) Remove anchorage from bridge end being swung and swing bride upstream adjusting anchoring a needed.
(6) Anchorage crew will temporarily anchor bridge to shore.