Figure 2-16. High Bank Launch of Bay (Sheet 7 of 12).
(26) Connect two lines, one at each end of bay, for bay stability while moving transporter.
(27) Unlatch four (only two on ramp bay) roadway/bow ponton foldlock latches (26) on both ends of bay (18).
(28) Unlatch down stream end (interior bay only) travel latch (27).
(29) Install latch pin (28) and secure lanyard (29) to bay (18).
Do not attempt to launch bay if slope is more than 25 percent to edge of bank. On slopes over10 percent,
the front end of the transporter should be held down using the front winch of another transporter.
(30) Raise bay 8 to 12 in. (20 to 31 cm) off ground.