HUB ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (Sheet 2 of 7)
3. Remove spring(F) from inside of cover plate (D).
4. Using hammer and drift punch, bend back tab of bearing nut lock (G).
5. Using 2-1/2 inch socket, loosen nut (H). Remove nut (H), bearing nut lock (G), and lock (J).
Discard bearing nut lock (G).
6. Using face wrench socket with 3/4-inch ratchet, remove nut (k).
7. Using pinch bar on hub, if necessary, remove hub (L) and bearing (M).
8. Using 9/16 inch socket with hinged handle, remove eight screws (N) and lockwashers (P)
securing seal assembly (Q) to hub (L).
9. Remove inner bearing (R), gasket (S), and seal assembly (Q). Discard gasket (S).
10. Separate preformed packing (T) from arm assembly. Discard packing (T).
Using hammer and drift punch, drive out any bolts (U) with stripped threads or other
damage. Discard bolts (U).
If inserts (V) are stripped or damaged, turn
hub (L) into support maintenance for repair.
Go on to Sheet 3
Change 3 14-7