LUBRICATION INSTRUCTIONS (Contd)
Skysol 100 cleaning solvent is combustible. Use mechanical
ventilation whenever product is used in a confined space, is heated
above ambient temperatures, or is agitated. DO NOT use or store
near heat, sparks, flame, or other ignition sources. Keep container
sealed when not in use.
Contact with Skysol 100 cleaning solvent may cause skin irritation.
Use chemical-resistant gloves. In case of skin contact, remove any
contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly with soap and
water. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Eye contact may
cause irritation, tearing, or blurring of vision. Use face shield or
goggles when eye contact may occur. In case of eye contact, flush
eyes with large amounts of water for at least fifteen (15) minutes or
until irritation subsides. Inhalation may cause irritation to upper
respiratory passages. DO NOT have food or drink in the vicinity.
Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
Keep container covers clean and allow no dust, dirt, or other foreign
material to mix with lubricants. Keep all lubrication equipment
clean and ready to use.
1. Keep all external parts of equipment not requiring lubrication free of lubricants.
2. Before lubricating equipment, clean fittings. Use Skysol 100 to wipe all lubrication points free of dirt
and grease and dry before lubricating. After servicing lubrication points, wipe off excess lubricants to
prevent accumulation of foreign matter.
CHANGING SYSTEM HYDRAULIC OIL
Refer to table 1, lubrication specification, in this work package for
1. Launch bridge to ground. Refer to TM 5-5420-280-10.
2. Remove hydraulic oil reservoir cover. Refer to WP 0072 00.
Have an empty 55-gallon (208-liter) barrel to catch oil.
3. Using a transfer pump, remove hydraulic oil from hydraulic reservoir.
4. Change oil filter and clean pre-filter.
5. Fill hydraulic oil reservoir with hydraulic oil to 6 in. (152 mm) from top of reservoir cover opening.
Refer to Table 1 for hydraulic oil.
6. Disconnect return hose quick-disconnect coupling from pallet quick coupler, remove quick-disconnect
coupling from hose, and secure hose to 55-gallon (208-liter) barrel.
7. Start launch power unit (LPU) with ball-valve in open position.
8. Operate control valve KY1 and close ball-valve.
Observe oil level in hydraulic reservoir and fill as necessary to 6 in.
(152 mm) from top of reservoir.
9. Operate control valves to remove oil from system.
a. Extend lifting cylinders using control valves KY1 & KY17.
b. Extend supporting cylinders using control valves KY1, KY10, and KY8.