(3) Signal helicopter to position directly above bay (3).
(4) Signal helicopter to lower lifting cable (4) and place sling eye (1) over cable hook (4).
Signal helicopter to tack in cable and sling slack and verify that sling eye is centered over bay.
Figure 2-17. Deployment By Helicopter (Sheet 1 of 3).
(5) Signal helicopter to tension lifting cable, lift bay and transport deployment area.
Safety and workboats, along with bridge crews must be on the water prior to lowering bay into the water.
(6) Signal helicopter to begin lowering bay (3) into water.
Ensure foldlock and travel latches are latched before approaching bay. Personal injury can be caused
from bay unfolding.
(7) Signal helicopter to lower bay into water, connect boat to bay, and remove sling eye (1) from cable hook (4).
(8) Second boat (6) will secure taglines to upstream end of bay (3).