b. Ground Recovery. When recovering a bay from a ground location, the bay has already been folded, with foldlock
and travel latches latched and bay on suitable dunnage.
When loading a ramp bay onto the transporter, back transporter up to lower lock drive end of bay. Even
though the interior bay can be loaded from either end, the preferred method of loading is to back transport-
er up to end without unfolding cables.
(1) Position transporter (1) so that rear of tranporter is parallel with and approximately 3ft (1 m) away from end
of bay (2).
(2) Loosen bolt (3) and release aft tiedown hook (4).
Repeat for remaining tiedown hook.
(4) Ensure cable (5) is properly routed around boom sheave (6).
(5) Remove quick release pin (7) and store in holder (8).
(6) Retract (PIN OUT) cylinder pin (9).