ROADWHEEL ARM REPLACEMENT (Sheet 4 of 6)
6. If roadwheel arm (C) does not come out
of support housing (D) after repeated hits
with slide hammer (F), perform steps 7,
8 and 9.
7. Screw two 5/8-13 UNC threaded screws
into two retaining jackscrew holes.
8. Using 5/8 inch socket, alternately and
evenly tighten jackscrews.
9. Use slide hammer (F) while tightening jack-
screws, if used, to free arm (C) from sup-
port housing (D).
10. When arm (C) is loose in support housing
(D), remove slide hammer (F) and adapter
Using another technician, remove roadwheel
arm (C) and gasket. Remove gasket and
12. Using internal puller (G), remove inner
grease seal (H) from support housing (D).
Throw seal (H) away.
13. Cover up opening in roadwheel support housing
(D) so dirt will not get into housing.
Go on to Sheet 5