DRIVER'S HATCH NIGHT VIEWER LATCH REPAIR (Sheet 9 of 10)
23, If operating push rod parts were not disassembled, proceed to step 29.
24. Start nut (S) onto rod (T) with locking collar
first. Run it on to about 1/4 inch of end of
threads. Use 1/2 inch wrench if locking collar
is tight. Use vise if necessary.
25. Place sleeve (U) on rod (T).
26. Insert pivot (V) in plunger (W). Using hammer, drive in two pins (X) through pivot (V).
Position pins (X) through pivot (V) so that they each stick
through pivot equally on both sides.
27. Pivot (V) has flat faces on two surfaces. Rotate pivot so smaller flat face is facing sleeve (U).
Slide pivot on rod (T).
28. Using socket, install nut (Y) while holding nut (S) with 1/2 inch wrench.
Go on to Sheet 10