OPERATOR MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
IMPROVED RIBBON BRIDGE (IRB)
RAMP BAY M16
NSN 5420-01-470-5825 P/N 12478918;
INTERIOR BAY M17
NSN 5420-01-470-5824 P/N 12478919.
Section I. SERVICE UPON RECEIPT
SERVICE UPON RECEIPT OF MATERIAL
When an IRB bay is first received by the using organization, it is the responsibility
of the officer-in-charge to determine if it has been properly prepared for service by
the supplier. It is also the responsibility of the officer-in-charge to ensure the bay is
in operating condition. Unit maintenance will provide any additional service
required to bring the bay to operating standards. Whenever practical, the operator
will assist with this service.
Upon receipt of a new or used IRB bay, perform the following procedure:
1. Inspect the equipment for damage incurred during shipment. If the equipment
has been damaged, report the damage on SF 361, Transportation Discrepancy
2. Check the equipment against the packing slip to see if the shipment is complete.
Report all discrepencies per applicable service instructions (Refer to DA PAM
3. Check to see whether the equipment has been modified.
Prepare IRB bay(s) for use by performing the following installation procedures:
1. Install ramp plates and binders (Ramp Bay only). (Refer to WP 0010 00.)
2. Install handrails on bay (if removed). (Refer to WP 0010 00.)
3. Install bilge plugs on bay (if removed). (Refer to WP 0010 00 or WP 0011 00.)
4. Add pump fluid to pump reservoirs as required (Ramp Bay only).
(Refer to WP 0064 00.)
5. Install BII items on ramp bay in stowage boxes. (Refer to WP 0070 00 and
WP 0044 00.)