ARMY TM 5-5420-212-10-1
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-10/1-1
The following cautions must be observed each time the bridge is delaunched. Do not allow
vehicle to drift right or left of centerline. Keep vehicle straight and in line with bridge. Movement
of bridge to right or left can cause damage to roller beams.
The bridge is delaunched/boomed using a vehicle, push bar and push bar cross girder (para. 4-
18) which must be disconnected before further bays are removed. To simplify the following
procedures, these drills are described "connect push bar" and "disconnect push bar."
(29) Connect push bar. Unlock rollers and boom the bridge as described below to panel point 4p2 over rear
roller beam. During this boom the end of bridge will leave CRB.
Boom bridge until bankseat beam is lift (0.3 m) gap side of capsill roller beam. Stop boom but do
not lock rollers, vehicle is holding bridge.
Raise FRB into contact with the bridge and at the same time lower the CRB so that the weight of
the bridge is gradually transferred from the CRB to the FRB. Careful transfer of weight from CRB to
FRB should achieve the correct working height at the end of bridge.
Continue boom to 4p2 (over RRB). Lock rollers and disconnect push bar.
If proper working height was not achieved at (b), adjust FRB and RRB to accommodate easy
disassembly. Level roller beams.
(30) Remove deck unit in bay 11 and remove bays 13 through 10.
(31) Connect push bar. Unlock rollers and boom to panel point 2p4 (over RRB). Lock rollers and disconnect
(32) Remove deck unit in bay 7 and remove bays 9 through 7.
(33) Connect push bar. Unlock rollers and boom to panel point 1 p2 (over RRB). Lock rollers and disconnect
(34) Remove bay 6.
(35) Remove double story nose 3N2, 2N2 & 1N2.
(36) Remove bays 5 and 4, and heavy launching noses 6N1, 5N1, 3N1 and 2N1.
(37) Remove landing roller pedestal from launching nose.
(38) Move launching nose until rear of light launching nose rear is over launching nose cross girder and
remove last launching nose heavy.
(39) Remove light launching nose.
(40) Remove nose roller from bankseat beam (reverse of para. 4-10.
(41) Remove launching nose cross girder and posts (para. 4-11).