HEU OR EARLY MODEL TONGUE CYLINDER REPLACEMENT (Sheet 5 of 6)
Use care when attaching sling and when
positioning tongue cylinder (E) to not
damage attached fittings.
If necessary, use spreader when attaching
sling and lifting device to tongue cylinder
Position sling around tongue cylinder (E) and
attach lifting device.
Make sure sling is routed under hydraulic
lines and around tongue cylinder (E) so that
it cannot slip. Personnel could be injured if
cylinder slips during installation.
Raise tongue cylinder (E) into position and
aline mounting hole with boom (F).
Have two technicians aline tongue cylinder (E)
while third technician inserts pin (C).
10. Using snap ring pliers, install two retaining
For HEU model, install tongue
counterbalance valve, hoses, and fittings
For Early model, go to step 11.
Before installation, use pipe tape on all
threads, Start tape on second thread so
tap will not enter hydraulic system.
Remove all cap and plugs as necessary
11. Manually start nipple (H) and attached parts in tongue cylinder (E) by hand.
12. Using 1-1/8 inch wrench, tighten nipple (H) and aline parts as shown.
13. Using adjustable wrench, install adapter elbow (J).
14. Using 1-14 inch wrench, install hose assembly (K) on elbow (J) and adapter (L).
Go on to Sheet 6