a. Launching - CONT
If problems exist performing step (13) below, go to step (14).
(13) Cycle all five hydraulic control levers #1 thru #5 to reduce all existing hydraulic system
pressure. Bridge hydraulic fluid supply line quick-disconnects will automatically disconnect
from bridge. Back launcher away from bridge no farther than 18 in. Bridge is now laid.
Refer to step (19).
Caution must be used to avoid the release of the bridge when in other than a laid position.
The ejection cylinder pushes the tongue from the bridge releasing the bridge. As a safety
measure, the bridge ejection cylinder will not operate independently, but must be operated
in conjunction with the locking cylinder control.
(14) If the launcher does not release from the bridge easily, the ejection cylinder will have to be
used. Engage the hydraulic clutch pump lever. Lift up on lever #4 and hold in position.
(15) With the locking control lever still in the launching (up) position, lift the ejection cylinder
lever #5 to the launching position and hold there until the launcher is pushed free of the
(16) To retract the ejection cylinder pins, lift the lever #4 and hold in the launching (up) position.
At the same time, hold lever #5 in the down position until the ejection cylinder pins are
(17) After the launcher has been disengaged from the bridge, disengage clutch and perform step
(18) Place launcher in neutral. Apply and lock brakes. Engage clutch. Raise RPM to 1800. Push
down on levers #1 and #2. Outrigger will return to traveling position.
(19) Reduce RPM to idle. Disengage clutch, cycle levers #1 and #2 to reduce pressure. Back
launcher away to allow traffic to proceed across bridge.
2-60 Change 2