b. Retrieval by Launcher - CONT
(7) If the quick-release couplings cannot be engaged, the scissor cylinder must be bled. Manual
bleeding valves are located on each end of the scissor cylinder for this purpose. Open the
valves just long enough to relieve the pressure. Close the valves and be sure they are tight.
(8) Engage clutch. Raise RPM to 1800. Lift up on lever #3 to tighten scissor cylinder and
cables. Hold down lever #2 to the retrieving position. The bridge will begin to rise from the
(9) When the far-shore ramp is about 2 ft off the far-shore, hold down lever #3 and begin
retrieving the bridge.
(10) Operate lever #3 intermittently to keep the far-shore end as low as possible (no higher than 6
ft). When the scissor cylinder is fully closed, release lever #3.
(11) When the bridge is in its full vertical position, release lever #2.
(12) Apply the launcher brakes and hold the vehicle in position, Hold down on lever #1 . The
bridge will begin to lower to the bridge seat.
(13) Slightly release the brakes during the
time the bridge is being tilted back
from the vertical position until the
outrigger leaves the ground. Lower the
bridge to the bridge seat.
(14) Place the chain end (1) of the
tiedown chains (2) in the slot of the
clip angle (3) located on the bridge
(4). Insert bolt (5) through the clip
angle (3) securing the end of the
(15) Thread nut (6) on bolt (5) and hand-
tighten until snug.
(16) Insert retainer (7) through hole in
(17) Repeat procedure for second
tiedown chain (1).
(17.1) Cross the tiedown chains in an "X"
pattern when installing to the
Change 2 2-63