HEU OR EARLY MODEL TONGUE CYLINDER REPAIR (Sheet 5 of 5)
14. Using second technician, manually start rod
end (Q) on piston rod (A).
15. Insert pin (R) through rod end connector eye (S).
16. Have one technician use piston rod wrench on flats of piston rod (A) to keep piston rod from turning.
17. While second technician holds piston rod (A) from turning, use pin (R) as a lever to turn rod end connector (Q)
clockwise and tighten.
18. Remove pin (R).
19. Service hydraulic reservoir (TM-10).
21. Extend tongue piston rod (A) and position rod end connector(Q) into tongue (T) (TM-10).
22. Have one technician hold rod end connector (Q) in position while second technician inserts pin (R) through rod end
23. Using snap ring pliers, install two retaining rings (U).
24. Using 7/16 inch socket, install two grease fittings (V).
25. Remove wooden block from under tongue cylinder (C).
26. Check for hydraulic leaks and correct as necessary.
27. Service hydraulic reservoir (LO-10).
End of Task