BILGE PUMP OPERATION
To pump out water from ponton bilges, follow the procedure listed below.
1. Connect suction hose (6) to pump inlet (3).
Loosen bilge plugs slowly to allow residual pressure to
2. Remove bilge plug (5) from ponton bilge port (4), using slotted end of
3. Insert end of suction hose (6) through ponton bilge port (4) and all the way
to bottom of ponton.
4. Connect discharge hose (1) to pump outlet (2), and place end of hose (1)
overboard of bay.
5. Start and operate pump per TM 5-4320-200-13&P.
6. When ponton bilge has been pumped dry, stop engine per TM 5-4320-
200-13&P, and remove suction hose (6) from ponton bilge port (4).
Ensure bilge plug has a gasket and gasket is in good
condition prior to installation. Notify unit maintenance
if gasket is missing or damaged.
7. Using slotted end of T-wrench, install bilge plug (5) on ponton bilge
8. Perform steps 1 through 7 on remaining ponton bilges as necessary.
9. Remove discharge hose (1) and suction hose (6) from pump outlet (2) and
inlet (3), and remove pump from bay.